CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 23, 2009

last minute party

i have had problems with my snail mail since i moved. today i went to get the mail at 6 p.m. and there was an invitation for a surprise party for a friend, scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. tonight. TONIGHT! it asked me to bring an appetizer type dish but no gifts, thank goodness!

luckily, i have several bags of frozen cocktail shrimp stashed away. i bought them when the grocery ran them on sale a few weeks ago. so i took out a bag to defrost and make a quick cocktail sauce of ketchup, horseradish, garlic, a drop of tabasco and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. then i got showered and got ready. i packed up my latest $3 garage sale find- a cake plate and a nice matching bowl that can be used as either a sauce bowl or the stand part of the cake plate.

once i arrived at 7:55, it only took a minute to drain the shrimp, arrange it on the platter and dump the sauce in the nice bowl. it was a hit- no left-overs! i had a good time visiting with my friends and eating some delicious little nibbles.

good thing i checked my mailbox tonight instead of in the morning. otherwise, i would have missed a good time!

now i am watching the repeat of "j&k+8". it's the season finale. k8h8 is g8!

don't forget to leave a comment...you might win an ipod! hurry! i only have 1 comment so far!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! (Or am I a week early??)

Anonymous said...

Hello! Came over via your link on Bitchypoo. I've seen the Milkbone toys at Walgreens here in Mississippi, too.

I, too, live in a very rural area. As a matter of fact, we don't even have a Target or Sam's or any good stuff in our neighboring "big town." Sniff...I really miss civilization sometimes.

BTW, I hope your drug dealer really is gone for years and years. Here in Mississippi that's not necessarily the case. :(

Blogger's comment system hates me....I'll try t actually post this.

Melanie
http://junkmel1.wordpress.com

k-dot said...

k8 makes me want to hurl.

Unknown said...

I cringe when I hear Kate talk to her husband.............

Anonymous said...

I guess I am alone in my respect for a woman who has six 4-year-olds who know the meaning of the word "No." Mady, on the other hand.....

Unknown said...

Hi! I clicked on the link at bitchpoo-now I am going to read some more! (Interesting recipe for cocktail sauce-I will have to pass that on.)

ErinFromIowa said...

Love the nicknames you have for everyone. You got me thinking about shrimp now. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I too came over from Bitchypoo! Looking forward to getting to know you! (And yes, I shamelessly love free giveaways. Hehe)

Julie said...

Came over from Bitchypoo. Love new blogs! And, shamelessly...love giveaways, too!!